Imagine you're sitting with Maran Rav Chaim Kanievsky in his study for a broad-ranging conversation.
This book puts you in the Rav's study as he shares stories, commentary, laws, customs, and perspectives on the Jewish past and future. The topic is the Three Weeks, but the content is universal.
In this sefer:
- Rav Chaim comments on all of Eichah, selections of Kinnos and the Haftaros of the Three Weeks, and the Haftaros of Consolation.
- He relates stories about his father, the Steipler Gaon; his uncle, the Chazon Ish his mechutan, Maran Rav Aharon Leib Shteinman , and others.
- He tells you about his personal customs and those of his father and uncle.
- He discusses laws of the Three Weeks and Tishah B'Av.
- He shares gem after gem - about tragedy and consolation, disappointment and hope, galus and geulah.
Also includes the full text and translation of Eichah with Rav Chaim's comments.